Sunday, March 17, 2013

Messages From My Patients: Chapter 46


(written 4/10/09 at 1128)

April 9, 2009 at 1700
Nick Adenhart.:   I went out with a BANG! I thought I was going to have so much and BOOM! I chose my life (from up in Heaven) like that.


April 10, 2009, earlier in the kitchen
Nick Adenhart.:    Everything is going to be okay. (marriage- wise)
C:   Did it hurt?
Nick Adenhart. :  No, I went out with the light.
I didn’t have to die with Courtney but I chose it. She sure was beautiful, wasn’t she?
You are doing a good job with your son. The one who is going to marry you is gonna love you because of that.
C:   Do you know when I’m gonna die?
Nick Adenhart. :   Yes. Everyone knows everything up here but it is okay. You are going to live a long time. And happy.
I want my fans to know I’m saying thanks/appreciate. It helps me so much in Heaven. I got a hero’s welcome from all the praying.
See you tonight. Make macaroni and cheese for that son. That one’s gonna be famous. For good things. Kinda like me—young and famous. Not gonna die from it like me.





Nick Adenhart
Pitcher, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
P.S. Where I was taken after the accident, I like it. Everyone there took good care of me. (tousles my hair) The water’s boiling for the macaroni.

(ed--Nick was taken to my hospital at work. I came in the next morning, and saw a huge stack of blood product slips--massive transfusion--on the table in the anesthesia workroom. I have never seen anything like it. My colleague, once one of my students, an avid sports fan who went to Penn State--had been the anesthesiologist on call that night. He was devastated at the loss.)