Friday, April 12, 2013

What I Do


I do what I adore!

It takes a lot out of me. I just got home after working all day since seven-thirty a.m. But I get to do my dream come true each and every day. I am so very blessed to have a chance to follow my passion and heal others with really cool people who enjoy healing others too.

Today, after I made breakfast, washed the Martial Arts clothes, packed for the weekend with dad, made lunches, and took care of the animals in addition to getting myself ready...I:

Attuned an MD who was changing lines of work while they were on my operating table getting surgery. I attuned this doc to Reiki 1. Clearly, they were taking positive steps in their life, as shown by the health improvements since eleven months ago at the last operation. Over MY entire body weight was lost! (Spirit guided me to do the attunement--the patient is unaware but is going to have some Big Positive Changes 'just start happening' in their life. )

I didn't knock the 'front teeth' out on a patient who had really bad dental work that was falling apart. Imagine the silver 'ring around the tooth' that was connected one tooth to the next but the next was broken inside the silver ring and wiggled while they talked. This patient had a BMI of 57**--and let me tell you, there was not much room in that mouth for me to work, and not much TIME to get the airway secured, but I did it without messing up the 'teeth'. And I documented it every step of the way--TEETH INTACT!

I gave someone who was crying in pre-op before surgery a 'Strawberry Margarita' in the i.v. to help block the fear. The spouse could not believe the sudden transformation to mellow once my drugs 'hit'. This scared one was H-A-P-P-Y!

I took care of someone who had cancer because their spouse was sucking the life out of them. I didn't say anything, but I 'just knew' on an energy level from interacting with both of them. I didn't talk about the cancer. I just played it cool and gave lots of anesthesia.

I dodged a bullet by having a slow wake up with the patient in the paragraph above--so someone ELSE had to stand by with the six-hundred pound patient who was getting a skin biopsy with no anesthesia. The surgeon wanted anesthesia there 'just in case'.

Someone asked me to help with a Code Blue in the O.R. I did. I also did 'mediumship' and
'Reiki' the whole time I was helping and present. I asked Our Lady to assist with the crossing over, if there was to be any for this patient today.

I prayed for someone barely one year older than me who had AIDS and no veins whatsoever on my table for a long case. I asked If nobody has prayed for him, please God, let at least the one who has prayed for him be me.  The Reiki worked very well. Instead of the drug-seeking behavior seen in Pre-Op Holding, by PACU there was twenty percent of my usual narcotic dose for narcotic-naive patients, and the guy was sleeping FINE! Can you imagine giving LESS narcotic than you would for a clean-living Korean grandmother, only twenty percent of that dose, in an IV drug user who is actively using and having it be OKAY? Cool, like, totally unbelievable, right?  Reiki is magnificent! It balances and heals without any side effects. 

Anyhow, tomorrow is a big day. Two nurses, one surgical technician who is also a nurse-to-be, my son's teacher, and a boyfriend who is into UFO's (of the tech) are taking Reiki 1 class with me.

I am taking Reiki into the O.R. where I work--and now others in Conventional Medicine are interested in it too!

Namaste,

Reiki Doc

** from WebMD:

What Is a Healthy BMI?

A person with a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 is considered to be at a healthy weight. A person with a BMI of 25-29.9 is considered to be overweight. A BMI over 30 is considered obese. A BMI of 40 or above indicates that a person is morbidly obese. This can increases a person's risk of death from any cause by 50% to 150%.
Body Mass Index (BMI), Kg/M2
Weight
(pounds)
Height (feet, inches)
5'0"
5'3"
5'6"
5'9"
6'0"
6'3"
140
27
25
23
21
19
18
150
29
27
24
22
20
19
160
31
28
26
24
22
20
170
33
30
28
25
23
21
180
35
32
29
27
25
23
190
37
34
31
28
26
24
200
39
36
32
30
27
25
210
41
37
34
31
29
26
220
43
39
36
33
30
28
230
45
41
37
34
31
29
240
47
43
39
36
33
30
250
49
44
40
37
34
31