Thursday, February 13, 2014

Take My Hand and Let's Walk






When I was sixteen years old, my dental hygienist Laura made me promise her one day I would visit the Butchart Gardens. She had just come back from a vacation there, and said it was one of the most beautiful things on earth.
So I did.
I have been back every September for the past three years.
I love it.
Why not take a few moments to visit it with me?
It always starts with tea at the former Butchart home...





































































The Butchart's business was concrete.

This place was a quarry. It looked terrible. The land had a gaping hole that was ugly and a danger to humans and wildlife that might fall in.

Jenny Butchart wanted to make it better.

She did.

With her husband's help, her dream came true, and now millions of visitors from all over the globe come to Victoria just to see the gardens...formerly called Bienvenuto, she offered tea to every one of the very first guests...

So when your life feels like there is nowhere to turn, and that it is terrible and a gaping hole that is a danger to yourself and others...

Think of Jenny.

Think of what she did.

And now it's one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

You can do that too, with your heart and your soul and your life and your dreams.

Listen to your dreams.

They are important.

Spirit wants you to be happy.

I do too.

Happy Valentine's Day!


Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,

Reiki Doc

P.S. there is a LOT of Reiki in this post! Enjoy it!

P.P.S. Next time I'll show you the Japanese Garden. : )