Sunday, June 1, 2014

How To Heal A Plantar Wart









Last year around this time, my son had a plantar wart.

We took him to the dermatologist. She gave him two choices--hurt a little now, then feel okay (freeze it), or feel sore for the week (surgical removal of it). He chose the first.

He had to freeze it twice, because the first time it didn't work. Plantar warts are from a virus, and they are very deep in the skin. The second time it didn't work either.

The last time, we were told to do, just in case the second time didn't work. This what I am going to share.

And I am sharing because this week, I did only what the
just in case it didn't work' method alone, and it worked without ever having to make an appointment with anybody!



Please stop reading and do not attempt this method at home if you have:

  • Diabetes
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease
  • Lymphedema
  • Venous Insufficiency and have venous stasis ulcers on your legs
  • Kidney Disease Requiring Hemodialysis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Delicate, sensitive skin that is prone to react

Everything is Over The Counter and in the states no prescription is needed.





A plantar wart will look like this, be hard like a pearl, and painful to walk upon it.

Since they are caused by a virus, they are contagious. While treating it, the person who has the plantar wart should always wear socks around the house to protect others.



Here is what you do:
  1. Apply a thin coat of Compound W or any other Salicylic Acid 17% medicine for warts.
  2. Apply a piece of Mediplast cut just in the size of the mole. Mediplast is 40% Salicylic Acid and looks like moleskin bandage.
  3. Apply a good size piece of duct tape over the area. This keeps the oxygen out. Warts like oxygen.
Repeat this every night. (I was impatient and left it on during the day and took it off at night.)

One day, when you remove the tape, a thick piece of white skin is going to come off, and the hard pearl of the plantar wart with it. 

You will notice all the pain is gone when you step on your foot. 

It will take time for the skin to grow back but you can walk on it. My skin looked a lot better in two days.


This is not the moleskin you are looking for. 
The moleskin type dressing with Mediplast is fuzzy tan color
and sticky pink on the bottom.




This is duct tape. The piece I used was a square as wide as the tape.



Is Reiki alone enough for a Plantar Wart?
It wasn't for mine.

What is the energy imbalance?
Louise Hay and Mona Lisa Shultz, M.D. say a Plantar Wart is: 
Anger at the very basis of your understanding. Spreading frustration about the future.

What is their affirmation?
I move forward with confidence and ease. I trust in the flow and process of life.

What Chakra is affected?
Root. The Red one. The ability to connect to ground, to feel supported with material needs.

Why did I get it?
Funny you should ask. Actually, I was totally fine two weeks ago. Then when I was cleaning, I saw the bag with the supplies in it I had used on my boy. I felt guilty and sad because he had walked on it for a LONG time before we could get him to the doctor--my schedule is that tight! The next day, I had one and it was full-grown! It was in the same place as his, the right foot, same exact location on the instep. I hobbled around for some time, thinking it would go away. I was like, limping at work. I wasn't sure if I needed to see a dermatologist (his is nice but pediatric). My dermatologist charges a LOT of money, and I have a really high deductible. So I decided to try this first, and then go see the dermatologist if it didn't work. I went to the beach with the tape. I wore it to work. I took one day off last Tuesday when I was on call. I noticed the skin getting very white in a large area under the tape. Then on Friday, the skin came off. I trimmed the skin on my foot with scissors so more wouldn't pull. I had to tug at the wart gently, because it was at the edge of the skin that came off. The first time I set my foot down, I was like, 'hooray! It doesn't hurt!' You see, the energies of Spirit right now are really high. And I think in my mother's heart, I wanted to make it up to him, the pain I had caused by not being able to take him to the doctor promptly. So I found a way to hurt too.





This Sunday Morning I wish you beignets and chicory coffee from Cafe Du Monde
(this picture was taken in October 2009)



Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,


Reiki Doc



This is from me : ) 


Plantar Warts are not very nice to discuss.
So I will leave you know with the most beautiful proposal I have ever seen.
<3

You may have a Plantar Wart right now, but remember, Good Things HAPPEN!!!

(here is the direct link: http://youtu.be/Js9NMFrTk5w)