Friday, November 11, 2016

Timely Advice




Tonight I was washing my hair, and Ross asked me the question, 'What is the happiest thing you have ever experienced in your lifetime?'

I quickly scanned my life memories.

From my chest, spontaneously, the answer came forth.

I enjoyed my shampoo, its smell, the bubbles, and the warm water.

I enjoyed being able to have the time to relax after a very long day.

My answer is Now.

I said, 'This is the only answer I have ever experienced, this Now Moment.  For all of my memories, pleasant as they have been, have always emerged from this Now Moment. They are not lost, they are with me, because they are connected to me in the continuum of my life. '

Then I paused, and a new insight came to me:

So are my more unpleasant memories and experiences, for they too are connected to me in the same way.  They are beautiful in that I can experience them fresh and develop and observe the reaction in me which arises. Although painful, they are a gift in being able to see who I am, what choices I make, and how I react to such circumstances.

He smiled.

He bowed his head and whispered very quietly, as if to ask a favor...'would you write about this?'

I agreed.

He asked me to keep it short.

So I am!





clap! clap!


Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Reiki Doc